Sunday, December 9, 2007

Real Life Argh!!

I believe my 'quest' to become a novelist may have to be put on hold temporarily as 'real life' as intruded once again. University etc. has consumed my life; however i hope to get back on track (what track? what novel? Ha? Indeed) in early/mid new year. I was hoping ot at least be able to do some research and at least let a concept grow.
The fact is I have no idea/characters or anything. Recently i feel like i have been tapped dry; i don't write anymore, or have ideas or epiphanys. I want to become a writer so badly, yet every idea i think of; it feels flat. oddly it seems when i'm in a dull mundane atmosphere, my mind wanders and then thoughts creep in, sadly i haven't had 'boring' in a while! i have thought of writing fantasy, doing this and that; but none of it seemed original and very cliche. Even my 'fanfiction' style seems over complicated and overly flourished - i have seen this in reviews and in quizes. i need to take a step back and think less of 'yeats' etc and more of would i/or some normal person read this?
Why am i even discussing writing style, when i have nothing to write about!! i have nothing!
Argh i feel so frustrated with everything; work and now this. I just wish i had that idea - something that will spark me to write (and i have had it before) and then i will just write madly and obsessively listening to my Muse, radiohead and coldplay.
Sigh
Good times

No comments: